The right trigger on my Touch controller is also loud and clunky so i emailed Oculus support, the response time was quick but looks like i'm now jumping through hoops to prove the problem. The response from Oculus -
Noah (Oculus Support)
Jan 4, 4:25 PM PST
Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know.
As far as the controller goes, I would like to collect 4 pieces of information from you:
• A picture of the serial number off of the black retail box that the Touch controllers came in. (This will start with WMCK.)
• A picture of the serial number off of the Right Touch controller. (This will start with WMTCR and it can be found by opening the battery compartment and removing the battery.)
• A short video to showcase the controller's symptoms. (Don't worry about the video being extensive or perfect. It just has to give us a general idea for now. If we really need any more later, we'll let you know.)
• Oculus Logs.
To retrieve the Oculus Logs, please follow the provided steps:
• Click on the Start Button of Windows
• Click on "Run"
• Type in C:\program files\oculus\support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
• Wait for the executable to pop up
• Select "Get All Logs"
• Wait for the log collection to finish
• You will receive a .zip file containing the logs
As far as Oculus Home goes, I would get you to uninstall Oculus Home completely and reinstall the latest version by clicking here. (I would recommend backing up your data before doing so. For instructions, please click here.)
Please get back to us when you can.