my name is Jesús Fabre and work mostly helping out game developers with communications and PR work, also giving them feedback about what the community, journos and influencer thinks regarding their games and how to improve them. This month I am helping the guys at Treeview Studios from Uruguay, where I live, they've been hard at work developing Alchemist Defender VR for a year now, and are about to launch it next week for Oculus Rift and HTC VIVE!
Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/602160/Alchemist_Defender_VR/
In Alchemist Defender VR you play as the Master Alchemist who, after years of researching and crafting tools to find the Philosopher's Stone, just invented a portal to new worlds. The energy of those lands will fuel your final journey to reach the Stone. To your surprise you are confronted by a rebellion in each world you plan to consume. Now in the midst of glory only a final resistance stands between the Alchemist and absolute power.
Will you be able to stand your ground and dominate those who resist?
TreeView Studio's Alchemist Defender VR is a tower defense strategy game designed from ground up to be enjoyed on high end Virtual Reality devices. The game balances tower defense resource management mechanics with intense first person combat using melee and ranged weapons while you freely move through the stages. Alchemist Defender VR will be launched on November 22 on Steam for HTC VIVE and Oculus Rift at a price of 16.99 USD.
Are you interested in reviewing Alchemist Defender VR? Then message me here, via Twitter (@AlchemistDefend) or via our Treeview Studios website (treeviewstudios.com) and will send a Steam code your way. We also are open to do giveaways in partnership with youtubers or gaming sites.
- VR Diegetic Game UI displayed as the Alchemist Spell Book.
- Carefully balanced tower defense game-play.
- 4 full featured levels, each composed of 10 waves of incremental difficulty inspired in the Golden Ratio.
- Three ets of relocatable Turrets: Fast Cannon, Frost and Mortar.
- Multi class enemies for each level.
- Melee first person VR combat using: War Hammer, Spiked Mace, Chain Flail and Ice Sword.
- Ranged first person combat using Musketoon style firing arm, Explosive Crossbow, Grenade Launcher and Chemthrower.
- Proximity mine power weapons including explosive blast, chemical shock, ice shot and void hole.
Alchemist Defender VR has been in development for a year, spending the last 6 months in Early Access. We got really nice comments from youtubers and players so spent extra months implementing their suggestions and decided to release the best possible version of the game:
"Oh man I love this! So intense, optimized...and so good looking!"
- SweViver, Alchemist Defender VR Gameplay (Pre-Release) on HTC Vive
""They got me sweeping around like crazy!...but I did better this time!""
- RowdyGuy, VR TOWER DEFENSE! | Alchemist Defender VR - HTC Vive Gameplay
"I really like how they blended the god mode with first person combat. You can spend hours on it."
- Cas and Chari, MAGIC VR TOWER DEFENSE STRATEGY GAME | Alchemist Defender VR (HTC Vive Gameplay)
"Awesome, the best tower defense game in VR...you must see to believe."
- Bald Bull Steam user
TreeView Studios is a small team of developers and artists located in Montevideo Uruguay. The Studio started with the launch of the Oculus DK2, prototyping VR experiences and working on small freelance projects. The Team has grown to a full size studio working on a wide range of client projects for VR/AR/MR platforms including: Microsoft Hololens, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, ARKit, ARCore, GearVR, Daydream and Moverio. Treeview Studio’s Creative Labs has been working during 2017 on their on VR game, Alchemist Defender VR. Now they are prototyping and brainstorming ideas their next game which plans to integrate gaming into the latest interactive technologies.